Due to public health considerations resulting from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, all auditions must be submitted as video links.
Auditions are required for all applicants, including:
• Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students
• Music as Primary or Secondary Major
• Current UCI student seeking to change major to Music or add Music as a second major
Pre-screen Auditions - Vocal Arts ONLY
• Pre-screen auditions apply only to undergraduate Vocal Arts applicants.
• DEADLINE: Submit by December 15th, 2020 at 11:59pm (PST). Submissions received after this date will not be considered.
• Applicants who pass the pre-screen will be invited to submit a final audition.
• Repertoire requirements for pre-screening auditions are the same as for the final audition.
• View Vocal Arts Repertoire Requirements
• Submit a Vocal Arts Pre-screen Audition (link available November 1st)
Submit a Video Audition - Instruments and eligible Vocal Arts applicants (who have passed the pre-screen audition)
• DEADLINE: Submit by January 1st, 2021 at 11:59pm (PST). Submissions received after this date will not be considered.
• View Repertoire Requirements
• Submit a Video Audition (link available November 1st)
Auditions are required for Graduate M.F.A. applicants in the following emphases:
• Collaborative Piano and/or Piano Performance
• Guitar & Lute Performance
• Instrumental Performance
• Vocal Arts
Graduate applicants should contact the appropriate faculty instructor to arrange submission of your video audition. DO NOT use the above link for Undergraduate applicants.