PRESCREEN AUDITION SUBMISSION DEADLINE DECEMBER 12, 2022 AT 12:00 PM (PST)
Prescreening applies to all instruments and Vocal Arts. Applicants who pass the first round prescreen will be invited to a second round audition. Second round auditions will be held in-person, at the UCI campus in Irvine, CA. Those who cannot travel may request a virtual audition by exception (please email firstname.lastname@example.org). Due to the ongoing pandemic, plans for in-person auditions are subject to change. If plans change, we will make an announcement on this page.
Auditions are required for all applicants, including:
Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students
Music as Primary or Secondary Major
Current UCI students seeking to change major to Music or add Music as a second major
Application Process Overview
- Submit a prescreen audition during November 1st - December 12th (by noon, 12:00 pm, PST)
- Applicants will receive notification of their result no later than January 6th. Those who pass will be invited to schedule an in-person audition, which will take place during the last two weekends in January.
- A second audition is required for all applicants who pass the prescreen.
- Schedule your audition as early as possible, and no later than January 16th. Audition times are first-come, first-served.
- Attend your audition in late January.
- Refer to Dates and Deadlines at UCI Undergraduate Admissions for final admission decisions, timelines, and more.
Requirements for Undergraduate Prescreen Videos
- Perform ONLY repertoire which meets the stated requirements. If you have questions about the repertoire, contact the faculty instructor.
- VIDEO links only (we need to see and hear you)
- Clearly state your name and the repertoire you will be performing at the start of each video.
- Verify your links work and permissions are set correctly BEFORE submitting (we do not troubleshoot broken links; auditions that cannot be accessed may not be considered).
- If applying for more than one instrument, submit separately; DO NOT combine instruments on one submission.
Second round auditions for fall admission take place on the 3rd and 4th weekends in January, each year. This year's dates are:
Saturday, January 21st
Sunday, January 22nd
Saturday, January 28th
Sunday, January 29th
Dates for each instrument will be posted by December 1st.
Music Department Student/Parent Orientation
Registration is required. Link TBA
CTSA & Campus Tours
Directions & Parking
- Directions to the Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- Directions to the Music & Media Building
- Campus Parking
Auditions are required for Graduate MFA applicants in the following emphases:
- Collaborative Piano and/or Piano Performance
- Guitar & Lute Performance
- Instrumental Performance
- Vocal Arts
Graduate applicants should contact the appropriate faculty instructor to arrange your in-person or virtual audition by January 15th. Please DO NOT use the above link for Undergraduate applicants.