Visit UCI Music
Prospective students are welcome to visit and should plan their trip in advance. We highly recommend a campus tour.
To learn more about the Claire Trevor School of the Arts (CTSA), contact a Peer Academic Advisor at CTSA Student Affairs. Tours of the Arts are available by appointment only.
Meeting Music Faculty
Most prospective students will meet faculty when they audition in person, which is a required part of the application process for admission to Music.
- For more information about auditions and applying to Music, view Auditions.
During the academic year, many of our faculty members do not keep traditional office hours, because private lessons, rehearsals and performances get in the way. To learn more about available music studies or to seek a private appointment, please view our faculty directory and contact the appropriate professor directly by email.
During the summer, most of our faculty members work away from campus on research or performances.
Classes – Sitting In
Prospective students may sit in on classes ONLY with the approval of the instructor.
- View the UCI Schedule of Classes
- Filters:Select the current quarter & MUSIC department in the drop down menus, click Display Web Results to view the schedule.
- Note the Date/Time/Location and Instructor of the class you are interested in.
- Cross Reference the Instructor’s name with our faculty list to contact.
- Approved visitors may observe classes; please be courteous and respectful.Visitors who do not have permission are not welcome to sit in on classes.
Music Department Tours
Due to the high volume of work managed by limited department staff, we are unable to offer tours of Music department classroom and performance spaces. For information about our facilities and technology, including performance spaces, please view the link below.