Supplemental Application Requirements: Instrumental Performance (MFA)
Applicants in Instrumental Performance must complete an audition/interview, which must be scheduled by January 15 and completed by February 1.
All applicants must submit links to performance materials on their CV.
Graduate Audition Repertoire Requirements | Instrumental Performance
For all applicants other than cello, please contact the faculty member in that area for details on audition requirements.
Graduate Audition Repertoire Requirements | Instrumental Performance | Cello
For applicants in Cello, the audition requirements are as follows:
1. A movement of a major concerto such as Haydn, Boccherini, Saint-Saens, Lalo, Elgar, Dvorak, etc.
2. A movement from the Six Suites of Bach for Solo Cello.
3. Major scale in at least 3 octaves.
4. A movement of a major sonata such as Brahms, Beethoven, Shostakovich, Chopin, Barber, Debussy.
5. A Popper Etude.
Scheduling the Audition/Interview
Please contact the faculty member who teaches your instrument; contact information can be found in the Faculty by Area menu.
- Recorded Auditions: Exceptional cases only, approval required. Contact the faculty corresponding to your area for permission to substitute an online link in place of the on-campus audition/interview. Approval must be obtained by January 15. Recorded materials must include audio and video, and must be received by February 1.