Supplemental Application Requirements: Collaborative Piano & Piano Performance (MFA)
Applicants in either Collaborative Piano or Piano Performance must complete an on-campus audition/interview, which must be scheduled by January 15 and completed by February 1.
Graduate Audition Repertoire Requirements | Collaborative Piano
For the audition in Collaborative Piano, applicants should be prepared to perform the following:
1. Two complete instrumental sonatas from contrasting stylistic periods.
2. Four songs including a Schubert through-composed Lied, a Schumann, Brahms, Wolf, or Strauss Lied, a 19th century French Mélodie, and a post-1950 Art Song in English.
3. One solo work to be performed from memory.
The audition will also include a sight-reading component.
Graduate Audition Repertoire Requirements | Piano Performance
For the audition in Piano Performance, applicants should be prepared to perform:
1. A prelude and fugue, toccata, or work containing a fugue by J. S. Bach.
2. A complete classical sonata by Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven or Schubert.
3. A complete romantic or contemporary work.
4. An etude of virtuosity.
All works must be performed from memory. The audition will also include a sight-reading component.
Scheduling the Audition/Interview
- Recorded Auditions: Exceptional cases only, approval required. Contact Professors Scolnik and Griffitt to request approval to substitute an online link in place of the on-campus audition/interview. Approval must be obtained by January 15. Recorded materials must include audio and video, and must be received by February 1.