UCI Claire Trevor School of the Arts Names Thirteen New Medici Circle Scholars
UCI Claire Trevor School of the Arts (CTSA) is pleased to announce the 2022 Medici Circle Scholars. Thirteen awards were given to both undergraduate and graduate students offering an opportunity to take their education beyond the classroom and collaborate with academics and artists in the community and worldwide.
Medici Circle Scholarships in art, dance, drama, and music are competitive and provide deserving young artists and scholars the opportunity to focus on a specific project. This unique program places a faculty mentor to oversee each project and ensure that students enjoy the best possible experience and achieve an excellent outcome. These projects further their research, add to their portfolios, and bolster graduate dissertations.
Scholarships are generously sponsored by Medici Circle Patrons, who open doors for a specific talented student and their project and will help them reach their creative professional goals.
Congratulations to the Summer 2022 Medici Circle Scholar awardees:
- Talin Abadian and Chancellor’s & Claire Trevor Professor Bryan Reynolds, Drama, “Embodied Nature Writing Workshop.”
- Natalie Aronno and Associate Professor Chad Michael Hall, Dance, “Natalie’s Summer Training Plans in Preparation for her Professional Career.”
- Blake Elliott and Chair and Professor Donald Hill, Drama, “Production Stage Manager – iTheatrics and Disney Theatrical Group.”
- Emily Gross and Professor Antoinette LaFarge, Art, “Emily meets Darwin IRL.”
- Chieh Huang and Assistant Professor Rajna Swaminathan, Music, “Positionality and Musicalities.”
- James Ilgenfritz and Professor Kojiro Umezaki, Music, “Human-Computer Dialog With Mechanical Instrument Array.”
- Teerath Kumar Majumder and Professor Michael Dessen, Music “Progressive Jazz.”
- Minwoo Park and Professor Ketu Katrak, Drama, “Performing Care, Imagining Peace: Politics of Care in Korean Shamanism and Jeju Women.”
- Atticus Reynolds and Professor Michael Dessen, Music, “Studies and EP Production in Mexico City: Summer 2022.”
- Rachel Sharp and Associate Professor Andrew Borba, Drama “Assistant to the Artistic Director of Chautauqua Theater Company.”
- Gintaute Skvernyte and Professor Jennifer Pastor, Art, “Malleable Surfaces.”
- Liz Stringer and Associate Dean, Research and Innovation Jesse Colin Jackson, Art, “Burns Pinion Art & Ecology Program- Phase 2.5.”
- Mona Welch and Professor Monica Majoli, Art, “Berlin.”
The Claire Trevor School of the Arts gratefully acknowledges our 2022 Medici Circle Scholar Patrons: Rachel Fine, Valerie Glass, Tinnie Grewal, Susan Hori, Sheila and James Peterson, Janice and Ted Smith, Steven Sorenson, Richard and Alison Stein, and Mary Watson-Bruce.
Learn more about how you can become a Medici Circle Patron and open doors that would otherwise be out of reach for remarkable Claire Trevor School of the Arts students at www.arts.uci.edu/medici-circle.