Strings Audition Requirements
1) One movement from one of the major cello concertos (movement must be longer than 5 minutes)
2) Prelude from an unaccompanied Bach Cello Suite
3) Etude by Popper or Piatti
4) One major and minor three octave scale and arpeggio of the candidate's choice
Questions? Contact: Professor Sarah Koo
Two contrasting movements, two standard orchestral excerpts and two scales (1 major and 1 minor).
Questions? Contact: Professor Matt Hare
All students are required to prepare two or three contrasting works, one of which should be a major concerto (J.Chr. Bach and Telemann will not be accepted).
Questions? Contact: Professor Jerzy Kosmala
1) One piece of your choice.
2) Exposition of the first movement of any concerto.
3) One movement of Bach.
Questions? Contact: Professor Dennis Kim