Strings Audition Requirements
1) One movement from one of the major cello concertos (movement must be longer than 5 minutes)
2) Prelude from an unaccompanied Bach Cello Suite
3) Etude by Popper or Piatti
4) One major and minor three octave scale and arpeggio of the candidate's choice
Questions? Contact: Professor Sarah Koo
Two contrasting movements, two standard orchestral excerpts and two scales (1 major and 1 minor).
Questions? Contact: Professor Matt Hare
All students are required to prepare two or three contrasting works, one of which should be a major concerto (J.Chr. Bach and Telemann will not be accepted).
Questions? Contact: Professor Jerzy Kosmala
1) A first movement ffrom one of the violin concertos Mozart through the present, including cadenza.
2) A movement from the six Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin by J.S. Bach.
3) One major and one minor three octave scale and arpeggio of the candidate's choice.
Questions? Contact: Professor Jennifer Curtis