Supplemental Application Requirements: Vocal Arts (MFA)
Applicants in Vocal Arts must complete an on-campus audition/interview, which must be scheduled by January 15 and completed by February 1.
Graduate Audition Repertoire Requirements | Vocal Arts
Applicants should be prepared to perform six contrasting songs and arias selected (including at least one each sung in English, Italian, German, and French) from the following:
1. Baroque Opera or Oratorio
2. Classical and/or 19th-century Opera
3. 19th-century German Lied
4. 19th-century French Melodie
5. 20th/21st-century American Art Song or Opera
Scheduling the Audition/Interview
- Recorded Auditions: Exceptional cases only, approval required. Contact the Vocal Arts faculty for permission to substitute a DVD or online link(s) in place of the on-campus audition/interview. Approval must be obtained by January 15. Recorded materials (DVD or online link) must be received by February 1.
- Submission of Recorded Auditions: ALL submissions must include a completed Audition Registration and Voice Questionnaire.
- Online Link(s): Email to email@example.com, include "Grad Audition - Vocal Arts" in the subject line.
- DVDs: Mail to the following address:
Attn: Graduate Admissions
Department of Music
Claire Trevor School of the Arts
University of California, Irvine
303 Music & Media Building
Irvine, CA 92697