Prescreening applies to ALL undergraduate applicants, including:
- Incoming Freshman
- Incoming Transfer
- Current UCI students seeking to change their major to Music or add Music as a second major
Prescreen Audition Process
- View Repertoire Requirements
- Submit your prescreen audition by December 31st
- Applicants who pass the first round prescreen will be invited to schedule a second round audition (either in-person or virtual, depending on the instrument)
- Applicants who do not pass the prescreen will be contacted with an explanation of available options to continue your pursuit of admission to UCI
*UPDATE* The prescreen submisison period is now closed.
Requirements for Undergraduate Prescreen Videos
- Perform ONLY repertoire which meets the stated requirements
- VIDEO links only (we need to see and hear you); audio-only files are not accepted
- Clearly state your name and the repertoire you will be performing at the start of each video
- Verify your links work and permissions are set correctly BEFORE submitting (we do not troubleshoot broken links)
- If applying for more than one instrument, submit separately; DO NOT combine instruments on one submission
Music Department Student/Parent Orientation
Please join us for a Welcome and Overview of the Music Department and Claire Trevor School of the Arts!
Monday, January 10th, 2022
5:00 PM (PST)
Registration is required. Register Here!