Prescreening applies to all applicants, including:
- Incoming Freshman
- Incoming Transfer
- Current UCI students seeking to change their major to Music or add Music as a second major
Prescreen Audition Process:
- View Repertoire Requirements
- Submit your prescreen audition by 12:00 PM (PST) on December 12th. LINK WILL BE POSTED NOVEMBER 1ST
- Applicants will receive their prescreen audition result no later than January 6th. Those who pass the prescreen will be invited to schedule a second round audition, to take place in the last two weekends in January.
Requirements for Undergraduate Prescreen Videos:
- Perform ONLY repertoire which meets the stated requirements. If you have questions about the repertoire, contact the faculty instructor.
- VIDEO links only (we need to see and hear you)
- Clearly state your name and the repertoire you will be performing at the start of each video.
- Verify your links work and permissions are set correctly BEFORE submitting (we do not troubleshoot broken links; auditions that cannot be accessed may not be considered).
- If applying for more than one instrument, submit separately; DO NOT combine instruments on one submission.
Music Department Student/Parent Orientation:
Please join us for a Welcome and Overview of the Music Department and Claire Trevor School of the Arts!
Date & Time TBA
Registration is required. Link TBA