We admit new undergraduate students only during Fall Quarter. Auditions are required for all applicants, including those choosing Music as an alternate or secondary major. Auditions are held once a year during Winter Quarter (for admission the following Fall Quarter).
- Admission Requirements:
- Filing Period: August 1st - November 30th (for admission the following Fall Quarter)
- Apply via UCI Undergraduate Admissions
For information about auditions, including repertoire requirements, the current schedule and how to request an appointment, view Auditions.
BA vs. BMus Programs
All successful undergraduate applicants are admitted to the BA program, and become eligible to audition for the BMus program at the end of their sophomore year.
Transfer applicants who want to earn a BMus degree must perform at a sufficiently high level in the entrance audition, and meet the requisite background in both Music Theory and Musicianship. These applicants may change their degree objective from BA to BMus upon matriculation.
For more information, view Undergraduate Degrees.
- Undergraduate Advisor
- For questions about our undergraduate degree programs and requirements, please contact Professor Colleen Reardon.
- Faculty Instructor
- For specific questions about instrumental lessons, or questions about audition repertoire requriements, please contact the appropriate faculty instructor directly.
- Music Department Office
- For all other questions, please email email@example.com.